By: YaQutullah Ibraheem Muhammad MS, RDN, LD
1/2 a small red onion, julienne
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1/3 cup fresh spinach
2 large eggs or 1 cup egg-free substitutes or egg whites
1 small clove garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in non-stick pan on low-medium flame.
- Add in sliced onions, chopped garlic, mushrooms and spinach, sauté for a minute.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Remove veggies and place into bowl and set to side.
- Mix eggs with salt for few seconds, season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle seconds tbsp. of olive oil in the same pan.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Let the eggs set a bit then add veggie mix and flip.
- Let cook for a few more seconds.
- Remove from heat and serve with your choice of topping.