By: YaQutullah Ibraheem Muhammad MS, RDN, LD
¾ cup chickpea flour
¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Himalayan Pink salt to taste
1 lime, sliced into wedges
¼ red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
¼ cup tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup broccoli florets, chopped
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the chickpea batter. The batter should have the consistency of pancake batter, easy to pour. Set aside.
- In a heated non-stick skillet, sauté the red onion and garlic until lightly browned. Then add broccoli to soften. Remove and set aside.
- Add olive oil and pour half of the batter into the heated skillet. Add the garlic, onions, broccoli, and tomatoes to one side of the batter, until batter bubbles and firms along the edges (about 2 minutes cooking time).
- When ready, gently fold over the other side to cook another minute. Cover with a lid, turn off the stove, and allow to steam for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with more tomatoes, minced red onion, sliced avocado and lime wedges. Salt and pepper to taste. You may also use other plant-based flours such as almond, almond, oat and rice, cassava, banana to name a few.