By: Annette Schottenfeld, MBA, RD, CDN
3 egg whites
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
14 oz. sweetened, shredded coconut
½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Combine egg whites and salt. Beat until the whites peak.
- Combine sugar and vanilla. Add to the egg whites. Gently stir in coconut.
- Add the chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonful onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Immediately remove macaroons from the baking sheet to cool.