RMIG is excited to offer an Outstanding Research Award!
We want to showcase your research efforts. This award is available to RMIG members who would like to provide nutrition research related webinars, workshops or other food and nutrition related research/activities to faith-based communities. Monetary award: $150 The Awardee:
- Must be a current, active Academy and RMIG member, an NDTR, RD/RDN or RDToBe.
- Will provide a written report and/or an educational webinar about the research that they are involved in and their role. Research can be related to Masters, PhD level or community nutrition related research. The content of this report will be included in our newsletter, member communications, website and social media platforms. (Payment of monetary award will be paid once RMIG is in receipt of the written report and/or educational webinar powerpoint slides.)
- Will provide a few photos from their event (if applicable) for inclusion in our newsletter, member communications, website and social media platforms. The photographer needs to complete a Photo Submission Form. If the photo includes identifiable humans, the individuals in the photos must provide their consent for their photo to be used. The Photo Release Form should be completed, as needed, during the event.
- Will provide a completed W9 form with Social Security # or Business Tax ID for accounting purposes.
Send the following information to RMIG@eatright.org
Selection and Timeline:
Nominees will be evaluated on the quality of the research and whether the research would benefit faith-based communities. The selection committee will consist of three members of the RMIG leadership team with the Nominating/Awards Committee Chair as lead.Application Deadline:
December 15Applicants will be notified of award decision by:
- Award recipient will be asked to present their research in an upcoming webinar or in an article for an upcoming newsletter (specific date TBD but likely within the month of May).